Joined: 30 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: Grabbing the oldest and newest date Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 6:46am
I am trying to get the oldest and the newest date from a larger group of dates. Min and Max don't work for me because of the format crossing months and years so it sorts by the day first.
Does anyone know how to do this?
I don't know crystal that well so you may need to spell out the formula!!
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 02 Nov 2012 at 10:55am
for the error, is the field a datetime field? If it isn't that error would make sense, but I am pretty sure that totext(field, format pattern) is a correct use for a datetime. Check with Help for the ToText function for more clarification.
commatt1 solution works as well, though I use that in SQL, and haven't ever tried it in CR directly.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum