Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 37
Topic: Copying/Modifying Custom Functions Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 6:44am
I have built a custom function in Crystal Enterprise and now wish to create another one which is almost identical, but differs in only a few places.
I would like to avoid having to create the second function from scratch. Is there any way to 'copy' the existing function using a new name and modify it? This would be a big timesaver.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 26 Nov 2007 at 9:51am
Well, there's always the terribly obvious method, which is what I use. Select all the text in the old function. Copy it. Open a new function. Paste the text. Modify as needed.
But, AFAIK, there is not a way to actually do copy/paste on the function itself.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum