Joined: 26 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Export CR to MS Access Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 4:28am
I have inherited 2 reports that are run manually each month in CR 2008. The current process is to export the results to Excel and then run a macro in MS Access to load the data there. I see that I can export my CR results directly to MS Access (which would be preferable to me) but where I can't get a clear answer is if I can append to an existing table every month or not. Any ideas?
Joined: 11 Mar 2011
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 251
Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 12:57am
Make a copy of the report for a just in case something goes wrong.Then open the report in "Design" and hit the "Export"button. Make your choice of where you want the report to export to and save it. If MS Access is one of the choices (I don't have Crystal on this computer so I can't check it to make sure) then you should be good to go.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 29 Oct 2012 at 6:04am
You also need to make sure that you are able to connect to the destination database through ODBC - so you'll need to set up an ODBC System (not User!) DSN for it.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum