Topic: Question in adding detail values Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 6:10am
Hi ,
I have data like this
Bucket Charges Denials Location Payer
1001 80 10 New York Blue Cross
1001 80 15 New York Blue Cross
1001 80 25 New York Blue Cross
2002 200 50 Jersey Blue Cross
2002 200 20 Jersey Blue Cross
3003 100 30 New York Medicare
I grouped it by Location and did sum for charges, Denials I got something like this
Charges Denials
New York 340 80
Jersey 400 70
However charges are repeating for every bucket lets take 1001 the actual charge is 80 but when I do the sum its actually 240 which is not correct in the end the result should look something like this when I group it by location.
Charges Denials
New York 180 80
Jersey 200 70
Data shld look like this not necessarily but its okay to report something like this
Bucket Charges Denials Location Payor
1001 80 50 New York Blue Cross
2001 200 70 Jersey Blue Cross
3003 100 30 New York Medicare
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:15am
martbar's solution will help you get the structure but you will have to use shared variables or running totals to get your value for the duplicated 'charges'
i prefer RT's but mnay prefer shred vaiables.
RT exmple
right click on Running Totals
select New
name=Charges (or whatever)
field to summarize=charges
type=sum
evaluate=on change of field -select bucket
reset=on change of group - use location
place in gropu footer (RTs do not work in headers)
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum