Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Group Seperation Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Twizik
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 19 Apr 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 21
Quote Twizik Replybullet Topic: Group Seperation
     Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 7:31am
I'm creating a report to show invoices through a date range. We have 3 different types of invoices and I would like a section for each.

Report with no supressing:


Report with this code(removing everything but quoted(wo.type 0)):
Detail a - Section Expert Supress [wo.type]=0



The Sum stays the same so it is still adding in everything that is not quoted.
If I change the code to:
Detail a - Section Expert Supress [wo.type]=1


I get the same issue, everything is added in but not seen on the report.

How do I make the addition correct for the totals? Should I make separate groups for all 3 invoice type or can I do it in 1 group and 3 detail sections.

Thank you
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:10am
suppressing records does not exclude them so they will still are part of summaries.
you have to use formulas to give you different fields to sum
or
use shared variable formulas
or
use running totals
 
likely you can use the first option as it does not sound like you have duplicate data rows.
//type0
if wo.type=0 then table.valuefield
now you can sum this at any level to get only the sum of "type 0" rows
//type1
if wo.type=1 then table.valuefield
now you can sum this at any level to get only the sum of "type 1"
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 23 Oct 2012 at 8:12am
Group on {wo.type}.  Do your sums at the group level, not at the grand total level.  This will split the types by group and get you the sums at the group level.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum