Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How to grab data after a specific character Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
technology88
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote technology88 Replybullet Topic: How to grab data after a specific character
     Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:07am
Hi Guys,

I was wondering if any of you knows how to grab data after a specific character. Right now, I have a comment field that has various information in it.

the field is called {misc_comment}

here is the way the data is laid out:

00VISA 2 /IN: 20120125
00DENTALCENTER /IN: 2012APRIL
00AMAZON/IN: 557878

I am trying to grab the data after ":". For example, on these three fields I would like:

20120125
2012APRIL
557878

Does anyone know the formula for this? Any help would be appreciated.

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 9:52am
mid({table.misc_comment},instr({table.misc_comment}
,":")+1)
IP IP Logged
technology88
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote technology88 Replybullet Posted: 26 Oct 2012 at 7:33am
Thank you very much!
It worked!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum