| Author |
Message |
takugian
Newbie
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Topic: Formulas Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 3:06am |
|
Hi guys!
I'm a beginner in crystal and I have to learn fast as possible to use the system.
I finished the design of report almost as I want, now I need to learn more about formulas.
What I want exactly is moviment a field in according of its value. If value from db is 1, the field moves to x position. If value is 2, the field moves to other x position.
This "field" can be the field of bd or a field "Text Object".
Thanks!!!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
shanth
Groupie
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
|

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:14am |
|
Not sure if there is better way, but how I dealt with this was, create two graphs: at two postions/sections Format Chart/section->Supress each one based on your db value
|
IP Logged |
|
takugian
Newbie
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:22am |
|
But I don't know how to do it. My boss ask for that. It's a new model of report that it will be implemented here.
Well, I want to do the following...
I have two spaces in my report. Two "boxes". If DB's value is 1, "box 1" will mark with "X". If 2, "box 2" will mark with "X".
I think I have to create a formula and write the code. But I don't know anything about crystal code...
I thought about create one text object with value x and moves it in according of db's value to mark the "box".
I also thought about create two text objects with value "" (empty). In according of db's values, I will change the value of right text object to "x".
Example...
Cattegory's value = 1
-----------
| ASS | TRE |
-----------
| X | |
-----------
Cattegory's value = 2
-----------
| ASS | TRE |
-----------
| | X |
-----------
|
IP Logged |
|
shanth
Groupie
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
|

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 4:45am |
|
ooops how do the Chart thing came, please ignore my above message, its not related to you, -----------
create TWO formulas:
fORMULA1: IF {DB_FIELD}= 1 THEN 'x' ELSE ' ' FORMULA2: IF {DB_FIELD}= 2 THEN 'x' ELSE ' ' Place them at required position: right click on that object and right click on Object-> Format Field->Goto Boarder Tab->select desired linestyle(in you case single for left & right) Hope this helps!
|
IP Logged |
|
takugian
Newbie
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 6:20am |
|
Thanks! This works as I want exactly!!!
Now, more one question please. I need to use images in my report.
I have a field in the DB that can have four kind of values. This values are strings. In according of the value, I need to print one image.
Example.. if "STRING A", I print a green circle, if "STRING B", I print a yellow circle, etc etc etc.
How can I do that? Thanks so much!!!
|
IP Logged |
|
shanth
Groupie
Joined: 06 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 75
|

Posted: 19 Oct 2012 at 8:12am |
|
For each Image Object Right click (OLE/Object) -> Format Graphic ->Check Suppress box-> Click X2 -> write similar formula in each For Green Circle: {Field}<> "String A" [ Green Circle Image shows only when {Field}="String A"] For Yellow Circle: {Field}<> "String B" [ Yellow Circle Image shows only when {Field}="String B"] Follow the same if you have more images then select all images align to same position , so they overlap each other and enables/ suppress when condition satisfies in Suppress - X2
|
IP Logged |
|
takugian
Newbie
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 21 Oct 2012 at 11:47pm |
Originally posted by shanth
For each Image ObjectRight click (OLE/Object) -> Format Graphic ->Check Suppress box-> Click X2 -> write similar formula in eachFor Green Circle:{Field}<> "String A" [ Green Circle Image shows only when {Field}="String A"]For Yellow Circle:{Field}<> "String B" [ Yellow Circle Image shows only when {Field}="String B"]Follow the same if you have more images then select all images align to same position , so they overlap each other and enables/ suppress when condition satisfies in Suppress - X2
Hi, friend!
I don't work on weekend, but now I'm back haha
I understood what you said, but my problem is different. I have a table with many rows. In this table, I have a field called "SIGN". At this point comes my example... If SIGN is GREEN, the word "GREEN" becomes a image of a "GREEN SIGN". If yellow.... etc etc etc.
Thanks!!
|
IP Logged |
|
comatt1
Senior Member
Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
|

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:11am |
|
When you say "Green" becomes an imagine, are you saying that you want to only see the green sign and not text?
Its a little confusing, I think shanth answered the question.
Could you show what you want visually?
|
IP Logged |
|
takugian
Newbie
Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
|

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 5:55am |
Originally posted by comatt1
When you say "Green" becomes an imagine, are you saying that you want to only see the green sign and not text?
Its a little confusing, I think shanth answered the question.
Could you show what you want visually?
Sorry. I can't. There is a boring security system here. I can't show images of report.
Well... Imagine a table filled by registers...
ID / NAME / SIGN
1 / A / GREEN
2 / B / GREEN
3 / C / BLACK
4 / D / GREEN
5 / E / YELLOW
...
In the DB works this way. But in the report, I don't want this. My report must print a image, not a text. If "GREEN" then print a GREEN SIGNAL. If "BLACK" then print a BLACK SIGNAL. The text is replaced by an image. It would be like this...
ID / NAME / SIGN
1 / A / GREEN SIGNAL
2 / B / GREEN SIGNAL
3 / C / BLACK SIGNAL
...
Do you understand?
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 22 Oct 2012 at 6:25am |
your not quite explaining what the signals are. You stated they are "images" so we are going to assume you are using a file type of jpeg or something similar as the "image". You can insert multiple images into the Sign portion of the report and conditionally suppress them.
If your "image" is more like a WingDings font that you want to change colors that is different and you will need to clarify.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|