Joined: 17 Oct 2012
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: Crystal report 10 Error : Failed to open a rowset Posted: 17 Oct 2012 at 7:35pm
I am using Crystal Reports 10, running on SQL Server 2008 R2. The backend is in the server. When I run a report, it is working fine with my Admin userid and password but if I login with the client userid and password, I get the
Error Message :Failed to open a rowset. 42000:[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]
It sound like "Access Violation or syntax error".How to run the report in the client PC ?
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 18 Oct 2012 at 10:04am
Sounds like the client does not have enough security rights to the database. SQL Server 2008 R2 has a number of security restrictions available, it is easy to miss something.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum