Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Image Hell Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
derek
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote derek Replybullet Topic: Image Hell
     Posted: 17 Nov 2007 at 12:51am
Hi,
I am generating a simple report that retrieves a list of ids from a db (SQL2000) This is working fine. I want to link an image with every ID (1200 ids). In the design view I have insert pictures and/or OLE object.
Each ID retrieve relates to a jpeg file in a mapped drive. When I do this I get no image. In the graphic location I am putting:

"I:\" + Trim(CStr({tspjobprod.slab_id},0)) + ".JPG"

where I:\ is a mapped drive to a server where the images are stored.

 

tspjobprod.slab_id is a number that I convert to a string

 if I put say "I:\4116.jpg" in the graphic location it works albeit the same image against each Id but it proves that image retrieval is working

 

Having no luck

 

any suggestions.

 

I am new to crystal reports

 

regards

 

Derek

derek
IP IP Logged
Lugh
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Quote Lugh Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 9:51am
Have you done troubleshooting on your string construction itself, to ensure that it is producing valid strings?  E.g., have you tried:

"I:\" + Trim(Cstr("4116",0)) + ".JPG"

to see if it still returns the image?  Based on what you've posted here, that is where I'd focus my efforts.


IP IP Logged
derek
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote derek Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 1:26am
Hi,
 
Thanks for your help.
 
I tried that and it works with "I:\" + Trim(Cstr("4116",0)) + ".JPG"
 
Is there any way I can print or see what is graphic location is being created. so I Know what the problem is.
 
Is it possible to create a text field and output the graphic location path created by the formula?
 
thanks
 
Derek
derek
IP IP Logged
derek
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote derek Replybullet Posted: 23 Nov 2007 at 2:28am
Hi,
 
fixed
 
I am just a numpty
derek
IP IP Logged
ricky_vegas
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 15
Quote ricky_vegas Replybullet Posted: 10 Jan 2008 at 12:22pm
Derek,
 
how did you fix your issue? I'm having the same problem and I cannot find a solution. Can you please help?
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum