Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Selecting latest order by time and date Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jdbrau03
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 04 Jun 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 13
Quote jdbrau03 Replybullet Topic: Selecting latest order by time and date
     Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 7:33am
I am trying to select the last entry for each order number, ie the last time it was modified. I am using Maximum (tblMyTable.DateOfSale, tblMyTable.Customer) to select the latest for each customer, but if there is more than one on the same day it returns all of them not just the last entry. I have tried forcing it to be a datetime and it just errors out. Anybody have a fresh idea I can try.

Thanks

Jeff
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 16 Oct 2012 at 8:32am
why not group by the order number and then order or group by the dateofsale.
if you set the order to ascending you could just display the value in teh group footer....descending all you would need to do is display the group header
 
HTH
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum