Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: How can I create a summary field on top of the sum Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
bandarna
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote bandarna Replybullet Topic: How can I create a summary field on top of the sum
     Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 1:49am

I wanted to create a summary field on top of the summary field

 

I have report Detail section has been Hided, showing only Summaries on group footer section.

 

Jan_Amt              Feb_Amt             March_Amt        Apr_Amt…..until December

100         200         600         400

 

 

I wanted to sum all Summary fields from Jan_Amt to  Dec_Amt and display at the end of the row (in the same sectin)

 

 

Jan_Amt              Feb_Amt             March_Amt        Apr_Amt…..untile December     Total

100         200         600                         400     ..                                 1300

 

Basically I wanted to create a annual totals on the same row. Can we create a formula and use existing summary fields?.

I don't see that we cann add sum field in formula fields.

 

I am kind of new need help step by step process.

 

Thanks in Advance

-NB

Regards
~NB
IP IP Logged
Sastry
Moderator
Moderator
Avatar

Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
Quote Sastry Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 5:14am
Hi
 
Yes this is possible by creating a Total forumla like :
 
While creating total formula you will see month wise summaries under report fields, from the list if you select all months totals that will create a year total
 
Example :
 
Sum ({Jan_Amt}, {Group})+
Sum ({Feb_Amt}, {Group})+
Sum ({Mar_Amt}, {Group})+
...
...
 
This will give you total
 
 
Thanks,
Sastry
IP IP Logged
bandarna
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Quote bandarna Replybullet Posted: 13 Oct 2012 at 10:44am
Thanks Sastry,
It worked.
 
-NB
Regards
~NB
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum