Hi,
I'm trying to make a report that will show for all employees : the amount spent by month, by airline, for the entire time frame contained in the table. So I decided to first make a group based on the employee's name then I made a crosstab in which the row represent the airlines and the column represent the date of the flight (formatted to be show by month). The summarized fields are the sums of the flight costs.
The problem is that not every employee took a flight every month with each airline in the time span covered by the field representing the date when the flight was taken. So I end up with certain crosstabs that don't have the same length and the last column showing the totals doesn't line up for each employee.
Looking at the options listed in the 'Crosstab expert->Customize' section I'm getting the impression that the program thinks that it is actively showing empty rows and columns because the options named 'Suppres empty rows/columns' are unchecked.
My Boss wants the reports to show every month of every year (covered by the date field) the total cost for each airline for each employee. If it is 0$ then is would show 0$. Right now its showing 0$ only if another airline is showing a cost.
Any suggestions are welcome
Thank you for your time