Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Topic: Duration formula Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 2:33am
Hi experts! I am a newbie on Crystal Reports and our business just started using crystal reports and I have been thrown in learning on my own. I am trying to do a duration formula. However, the fields that I have are Report_Events.Timestamp (Date Time that event starts and stops). Also, I have Reports_Events.Type (Has the data "Start", "Stop". So I need to create a report for the stop datetime - start datetime duration in seconds but can I do this with there not being a StartTimestamp and a StopTimestamp?
Thanks in advance.. Any help would be appreaciated!
Joined: 03 Oct 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 62
Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 5:03am
Those formulas worked great! Another question the duration formula shows a 0 for the stop time and shows the duration on the stop time. How do I make it so it will just show the duration on the stop time?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 6:00am
Right-click on the duration object in the report and select "Format...". Go to the first tab and click on the button to the right of "Suppress" (DO NOT check the checkbox!) and enter something like the following:
{MyTable.Type} = 'Start'
This should suppress the duration on the start record.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum