Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Discrete Values Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jsh8286
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote jsh8286 Replybullet Topic: Discrete Values
     Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 3:02pm
Is there any way when you have created parameters for a crystal report that when you input the parameter i.e. the discrete value that when you input an alpha character that it automatically comes out as a capital letter?
 
Thanks in advance for any information posted.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 3:47am
you can use
ucase()
on the param
IP IP Logged
jsh8286
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote jsh8286 Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 6:29am
Thanks for the reply but unfortunately don't see the connect. How is the UCase formula applied to the parameter?
 
Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 7:01am

So you mean that that you want what they type in to be caps? or can't you just convert what they type in as caps once it is into the report?

IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 7:32am
you can use the param 'edit mask' but I believe that only will force users to use reneter it in upper case so it seems clunky.
IP IP Logged
jsh8286
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote jsh8286 Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the post DBlank...simply I have created a paramter for a crystal report. When they go to run the report the parameter box pops up with the user having to input a value in the Discrete Value field. I simply want to be able (if possible) when they type an alpha character it automatically returns a capital letter as opposed to a lower case letter.
 
Thanks again.
IP IP Logged
jsh8286
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Quote jsh8286 Replybullet Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:06pm
I have it I believe. I used the UCase formula for the parameter. This doesn't mean that when I type in the Discrete Value field it will come up with CAPPED letters. This is what I was having trouble with.  
 
Using this formula just means that I don't have to worry about whether CAPS is on or not. The report will give me the info I want with CAPS or lower case letters.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum