Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Topic: Discrete Values Posted: 02 Oct 2012 at 3:02pm
Is there any way when you have created parameters for a crystal report that when you input the parameter i.e. the discrete value that when you input an alpha character that it automatically comes out as a capital letter?
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 2:29pm
Thanks for the post DBlank...simply I have created a paramter for a crystal report. When they go to run the report the parameter box pops up with the user having to input a value in the Discrete Value field. I simply want to be able (if possible) when they type an alpha character it automatically returns a capital letter as opposed to a lower case letter.
Joined: 09 Mar 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 46
Posted: 04 Oct 2012 at 12:06pm
I have it I believe. I used the UCase formula for the parameter. This doesn't mean that when I type in the Discrete Value field it will come up with CAPPED letters. This is what I was having trouble with.
Using this formula just means that I don't have to worry about whether CAPS is on or not. The report will give me the info I want with CAPS or lower case letters.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum