Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Schedule rpts in CMC using rpt data for the rpt ti Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ixs_cr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ixs_cr Replybullet Topic: Schedule rpts in CMC using rpt data for the rpt ti
     Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 12:16am
Please HELP!!

Hi all and thank you for your time!

What we currently do: The reports that are created in CR are all published to our CR Srv repository. Each report is than Scheduled and distributed using the File System in Destinations. For the File Name we use 'Use Specific Name', using the placeholders available by CR Server.

The Issue: The issue lies with the File Name since the Use Specific Name does not allow you to use the data within the report.

Is it possible to use the report Data Fields for the Report Title? Or is it possible to set the Report Title in a formula to use the Formula Fields instead?

Here is some basic info about our environment; we have Crystal Reports Designer 2011 (version 14.0.2.364RTM) and Crystal Reports Server 2011.

Thank you for your help!

IX

Edited by ixs_cr - 03 Oct 2012 at 10:50pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 4:32am
haven't tried it, but I don't see why you couldn't.  It would most likely be the first record of the report's value. 
IP IP Logged
ixs_cr
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote ixs_cr Replybullet Posted: 03 Oct 2012 at 4:51am
Thank you Lockwelle.

In the Report Header I have the following as the first text object:

Testing Report - {TestingHeader} {DateTime_From} - {DateTime_TO}

than I have some fields in the details and some special fields in the footer. The report Title in the Document Properties is set to: Title - Summary - Check 4.

When I Schedule the report in CMC, the Destinations is set to send the report to the File System using a name that i set in the File Name which I selected "Use Specific Name". This option does not allow me to use the above text object that I have in the Report Header.

Maybe I did not make my self clear... what I need to change here is the Report Name (title) once its scheduled and published, so, the published report name will read:

Testing Report - Filename Testing Report - 2012-10-02 - 2012-10-02.xls

(please note the date since our data is based on yesterday date)

Currently the report name is using the "Use Specific Name" that I'm setting up in CMC and the name that is being generated in is: Testing File Name-2012-10-03-16-49-23.xls which the name is not what we need.

Thank you,
IX
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum