| Author |
Message |
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Topic: Massive spacing Posted: 29 Sep 2012 at 5:59am |
Hi
Got a problem with my report, I have massive line spacing
between my rows for products belonging to one order. its almost spaced it by a paragraph. However, I've changed line spacing and its done squat . very frustrating any ideas?
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 4:20am |
|
check any string fields for carriage returns.
|
IP Logged |
|
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 10:23am |
|
is that within the crystal report .rpt? or the SQL command?
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 10:28am |
Remember this is only a guess...
it would be in your database as an entered value.
If you have a field set to "can grow" and a user entered data with a bunch of spaces or carriage returns then that is what will be displayed.
Like this:
"here is my answer
"
You can trim the field to remove all the excess returns or spaces...
trim(field)
|
IP Logged |
|
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 10:59am |
|
I've trimmed the textbox.text fields but no luck, I've stored my data into access 2010
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 11:12am |
So i assume you have the detail section set to show something like each product in the order.
When looking in the preview mode look at the section indicators ion the left of the scrren and see if you have a bunch of extra dtial lines or if the detail section itself has expanded (using some sort of can grow).
|
IP Logged |
|
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 11:21am |
|
I Have place the fields within section 3(Details )
Something else that is happening, If I put headers within that section, the headers are duplicated for each row. Thus the report creating a blank section after I've removed headers.
|
IP Logged |
|
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 11:28am |
|
Dim cm3 As OleDbCommand = New OleDbCommand("SELECT TransactionID, CustomerID, ItemNumber, Make, Model, Item, Guarantee, Price, Qty, TotalPrice, SalesPerson FROM Orders WHERE CustomerID = '" & 16 & "' ORDER BY ItemNumber", Con)
Dim da3 As New OleDbDataAdapter(cm3)
da3.Fill(ds, "Orders")
Dim rptdoc As New ReportDocument
rptdoc = New Delivery
rptdoc.SetDataSource(ds)
Report.CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rptdoc
Report.Show()
|
IP Logged |
|
creasingMirror
Newbie
Joined: 29 Sep 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
|

Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 11:35am |
Yo Brilliant, I went through your suggestions again and found that there were little arrows pointing out on the left hand side like you said. I removed them and was able to collapse the section so the products now line up without any white space. Thanks very much for your help!!!
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|