Topic: Report excluding people not on second csv file Posted: 30 Sep 2012 at 12:29pm
I'm writing a report with two csv files in the database. The first report is my "master" report -- it has the base data for all 800 staff.
The second report is a report of those staff who are union members. This report is pulling up everyone who has a union fees code set up, which is only about 200 staff. Unfortunately, when I try and enter this into the Crystal report, all staff not on the second csv report are disappearing. I'm not sure how to fix this???
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 01 Oct 2012 at 4:30am
likely a join issue. If you did not enforce the join in the joins set up then the join only becomes enforced upon the first usage of a field from the table (file). This usually is confusing because records will just 'disappear' from a report for no apparent reason. It is becasue your data set changed when the join became enforced.
I do not recall if CSV fiels allow for outer joins which is what you will need to use.
Hmmm, looks like you're right... but unfortunately when I try to join the ID number in both files I'm getting a "data types are not compatible". It looks like it's reading one as a string and one as a number... no idea why as it's exactly the same field it's extracting from!! Is there a way to convert a string to a number without using a ToNumber formula (as you can only link Database fields to my knowledge)?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum