Topic: DISTINCT DATA Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 5:16am
Can everyone tell me hwo to use for the query which has a lots of duplicate data output in Crystal Report?
For DISTINCT, I tried to use it, it works with the number and date, but it doesn't work when there is a filed of "note" or "text" or "description" with a long text.
Is there another way to check the DISTINCT data in a SQL query
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 26 Sep 2012 at 7:29am
are you only looking at those fields? Certain SQL datatypes like Text & Memo are basically pointers to where the data is held, and so all are 'distinct'. A different method is used to access the text inside of them. I don't recall it offhand, but it is a start.
I'm not sure if SQL accessess them the same way, but I recall that CR has issues with them.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum