Joined: 17 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Topic: Not Exist or Not in another table help Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 2:46am
Hello,
I have a two tables (Bin & Item) where I want to list the Code from the Item table when it doesn't exist in the Bin Table. I can to this with ease in SQL but I'm not sure how to do this in Crystal. Can someone help me with this?
Joined: 17 May 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 5:13am
I'm not sure why but I had to restart my PC. When I came back to the report, it worked. Awesome!! Thanks for the help. If its not a bother, can you explain why the IsNull formula works like this?
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 20 Sep 2012 at 5:23am
What a left-outer join does is gets you all of the data in the table you're linking from regardless of whether a corresponding record exists in the table you're linking to. So, when you do a left-outer join from Item and there is no corresponding record in Bin, the field you link to in Bin will be null - e.g., it will have no value.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum