| Author |
Message |
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Topic: Re-occuring patient admissions Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 5:49am |
|
Lets see if I can explain what I am looking for.... I am trying to
figure out how to write a report that is run for a time span of admit
dates (hospital setting) for patients. The report will be looking for
patients that have been re-admitted within 30 days.
Patients have unique visit numbers pr. visit, but a medical record number that stays with the patient:
Medical record number 00100 Visit 100000 Visit 100001 Visit 100002
So
if the medical record number shows up more than once within the date
range (admission dates) I run the report for, it will tell me that the
patient has been re-admitted within the date range.
I just don't know how to get Crystal to run through the admission records, and look for re-occurring med. rec. numbers. Anyone have a suggestion as to where to start....
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 7:34am |
|
can you write a stored proc or command for this instead? it will likely not give you want you the direction you are heading.
|
IP Logged |
|
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:45am |
|
Interesting. I though I could use......Previous( ....or something similar...maybe not....:-),,,,not good news...
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:52am |
you might be able to get to where you want but I think the 'easiest' solution would be to make a command, add teh table to it twice,
join on
record number=record number
visit id <> visit id
admit date between admitdate and dateadd(day,30,admitdate)
|
IP Logged |
|
Sastry
Moderator
Joined: 16 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 537
|

Posted: 17 Sep 2012 at 8:01pm |
Hi Well, you have a parameter filter to filter the records based on Admission Date. So, it will get bunch of records which are in the date range. Now, create a group on Medical Record Number and place Visit ID in detail section. To find out / filter who is re-joining within the date range do the following : Create a count on group like : Count({visitID},{MedicalRecordNumber}) and place on your group header. Now go in Group filter through-- Report--Group-- then give a filter condition like Count({visitID},{MedicalRecordNumber}) > 1
|
|
Thanks,
Sastry
|
IP Logged |
|
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 2:08am |
|
Sastry,
That helped a bunch. It looks the way I intended it to look, and is pulling the correct data according to my current selection. However, I need to figure out how to do this(try to follow my logic):
The report will only pull patients with a discharge date 30 days or less before a new admit occurs.
Example: If
I run the report for say admit dates of 7/1/12 - 7/31/12, and patient
ZZZ got admitted 7/10/12, he would be on the report. BUT, if that same
patient got discharged 6/20/12 (for a previous visit), this visit also
needs to be on the report. (Less than 30 days from 6/20 discharge to 7/10 new admit) In other words, if the time from previous discharge date is 30 days or less to next admit date, the visit needs to be included.
I hope you can give me some additional pointers here as a start.....
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 at 3:23am |
|
You have to pull 60 days worth of data to be able to check the full range of what youa re looking for and then you have to use previous or next functions per row wich cannot be used a select statement. This is why i recommnded going a different route.
|
IP Logged |
|
TorLang
Groupie
Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 50
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:00am |
|
I don't think that's possible either,,, without selecting a wider adm. date range. There is no way of capturing the admit if it's not in selection, I wouldn't think...
|
IP Logged |
|
DBlank
Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
|

Posted: 19 Sep 2012 at 8:05am |
yes, I was assuming a 60 days as 30 for the range + 30 for checking.
You can use params and use the begin date and endate + 30 days.
Again, if you use a command or store proc youdon't have to worry abnout it. Much simpler and likely more efficient.
|
IP Logged |
|
|
|