Topic: Lines and boxes not exported to excel Posted: 10 Sep 2012 at 12:29am
Hello,
I am exporting Crystal report to excel, and I have added box, lines in details section which shows correct design in preview, but when I export it to excel, line and boxes disappers. I dont want to use borders of the fields as I have display tabulated data and two of the columns are discriptive. If one of these two columns have more than one liner data it will increase its height accordingly but the rest columns remains in the same line if I use border property.
Can some one suggest any solution how to enable lines/boxes so as to export it to excel as it is. Any design solutions will be more suitable than writting a code.
Development Platform
OS: Windows XP
Visual Studio 2005
Crystal Reports: 10.2.3600
Excel: MS Excel 2007
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 9:54am
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do to get the lines to export. Also, the version of Crystal that you're using will only export to .xls format Excel files, so even though you have Excel 2007, that's not the file format of your export.
Is your data formatted in such a way that you could put it into a cross-tab? I think that lines export correctly there.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum