Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Remove numerals after first hyphen Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Stewie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Stewie Replybullet Topic: Remove numerals after first hyphen
     Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 3:13am
Hope someone can help me with this as I know very little about programming.  I'm using Crystal Reports 2008, and I need to format a field to remove numerals after the first hyphen, up to the first alpha character.
 
I have this:
 
482678-26849FS-2802-12
BOST-62347JH-51178
84559-271246KT-24228-2
214118-272411TG-36721
 
and want to show this:
 
FS-2802-12
JH-51178
KT-24228-2
TG-36721
 
Thanks in advance.
IP IP Logged
kevlray
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Quote kevlray Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 6:09am
I would think that the field would have to be parsed (look for the dash, then remove the numbers).  If I have time I will see if I can figure out a solution.
IP IP Logged
Stewie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 24 May 2008
Location: Canada
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote Stewie Replybullet Posted: 14 Sep 2012 at 7:05am
Thanks kevlray, really appreciate it!
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum