Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Record Selection Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Neill77
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Neill77 Replybullet Topic: Record Selection
     Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:13am

 I am trying to get records from 2 date ranges but it doesn't seem to be working.  I am able to get one to work but not the other.  I need to pull all of the records with a creation date later then 2010 and any old records that have been modified since 2010 but were created before that.  I have grouped it by part number.

 
in the Group selection field I have
{Table.DateReceived} >= Date (2010, 01, 01) or
{Table2.CreatedDate} >= Date (2010, 01, 01)
 
But it is not returning all of the results, is there an issue with my formula?
 
Anyone have anyother formula that might work better.
 
Thanks
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:18am
doea a row have to meet both conditions or either condition?
You have written to meet either condition, change OR to AND if it has to meet both conditions
IP IP Logged
Neill77
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Neill77 Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:40am
I want the record if it meets either of the 2 conditions, but for some reason it is not getting all the fields.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:43am
I assume you may have records in one tbale that have no matching record in the other...did you outer join the tables?
IP IP Logged
Neill77
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 11 Sep 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Quote Neill77 Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 8:55am
I did link the fields but as far as joining them I have not actually seen that option before.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 12 Sep 2012 at 9:19am
when you link them you can double click on the link (join) and define what kind of join it is.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum