Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Report display is very slow Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
chiran22
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 07 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote chiran22 Replybullet Topic: Report display is very slow
     Posted: 07 Sep 2012 at 5:43am
Hi,
   I am learning Crystal reports. I created one Main Report and One SubReport. This Subreport is in GroupFooterSection. I linked subreport to MainReport using one of the field. The report displays good when I select parameters date range is less. But if I take date range is very big, It just hangs out. I tried the same parameter range in SQL Editor, It takes 1 min to display. Am I doing anything wrong with SubReport?
 
I really appreciate your help.
 
Thanks
Chiran
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 11 Sep 2012 at 4:03am

the subreport has to run once for for each group that is displayed it the main report so running it once in the SQl editor may not be a good benchmark.

If you are using "page n of m" take it out and see if that speeds it up.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum