Joined: 03 Oct 2010
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 76
Topic: Grouping and Sorting. Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 3:14am
I am trying to write a report that I thought was fairly simple!
Looking at sales orders grouped by product - showing totals for each product which is then multiplied by another field to give me a weight. This bit works fine.
I then need a further sort from Highest to Lowest on this calculated field
I can't seem to find a way to then sort the report. I can 'sort' of see why not but was hoping somebody could help ... oh and it's 2008 crystal.
Group sort is possible only when you have summary on the field. Since the field which you are trying to sort is already a summary and we can't further insert any summary on this.
Only way to do this is using array's. You need to take all summary values into an array and compare with each other and find the high value and assign a number 1,2,3, like.. to those values. Based on 1,2,3, etc values we can sort the report.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum