Topic: Crystal Report, Parameter String Multi Value Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 1:30pm
I was created aCRreport,thisis connected to SAP for consulting information. The problemI have is thatone of theparametersto filterinformationisstringand lets you selectmultiplevalues, it works fine,butwhen selectingmore than 9itemsnotsendmeinformation,andifyou selectthe maximum amountwas9 the report works fine,SomeoneIcouldhelp solvethis problem?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:30am
I guess the question is how are the parameters accessed? Are you going through the parameter array or are you using the IN function to process your parameters.
Myparameteris a string,the value listis dynamic,being filledwith anSAPdata sourceand its characteristicsaremultiple values. but whenI selectnomore than9 valuesresultinsending mewhite, do you thinkthat the problemis in thefunction that takesthe parameter?
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:44am
Sorry, I know nothing about SAP. If the value comes in as a delimited string and you can see that the values are correct, then you could use some logic to allow records to stay for the report (Report Filter), but if the string that SAP is sending is incorrect, then all bets are off.
Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 9:55am
Good question, I don't know. I would think that it would depend on your backend. Sql Server 2005+ should be unlimited, I would think...prior to 2005 it would have been about 8000.
It has been years since I used the parameter screen, we have 'wizards' that drive stored procedures and we pass the results to the reports to be displayed.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum