Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Crystal Report, Parameter String Multi Value Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
jarc_07
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jarc_07 Replybullet Topic: Crystal Report, Parameter String Multi Value
     Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 1:30pm
I was created a CR report, this is connected to SAP  for consulting information. The problem I have is that one of the parameters to filter information is string and lets you select multiple values​​, it works fine, but when selecting more than 9 items not send me information, and if you select the maximum amount was 9 the report works fine, Someone I could help solve this problem?Cry

Crystal Reports 2008
Version 12.5.2.1412


Edited by jarc_07 - 03 Sep 2012 at 1:33pm
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 4:30am
I guess the question is how are the parameters accessed?  Are you going through the parameter array or are you using the IN function to process your parameters.
IP IP Logged
jarc_07
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jarc_07 Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 5:12am
My parameter is a string, the value list is dynamic, being filled with an SAP data source and its characteristics are multiple values​​. but when I select no more than 9 values ​​result in sending me white, do you think that the problem is in the function that takes the parameter?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 04 Sep 2012 at 8:44am
Sorry, I know nothing about SAP. If the value comes in as a delimited string and you can see that the values are correct, then you could use some logic to allow records to stay for the report (Report Filter), but if the string that SAP is sending is incorrect, then all bets are off.
IP IP Logged
jarc_07
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Location: Mexico
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote jarc_07 Replybullet Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 5:26am
One Question, How many characters can i use in a parameter? What is the maximum length that can be sent in a parameter?
IP IP Logged
lockwelle
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 21 Dec 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4374
Quote lockwelle Replybullet Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 9:55am
Good question, I don't know. I would think that it would depend on your backend. Sql Server 2005+ should be unlimited, I would think...prior to 2005 it would have been about 8000.
 
It has been years since I used the parameter screen, we have 'wizards' that drive stored procedures and we pass the results to the reports to be displayed.
 
Sorry I can't be of more help
IP IP Logged
andyp
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 20 Sep 2010
Location: Germany
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 19
Quote andyp Replybullet Posted: 05 Sep 2012 at 10:51am
I use them quite a bit for insenting fixed sentences. If I remember rightly its around 256 characters.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum