Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Topic: User Interface Posted: 16 Nov 2007 at 9:28am
What do you use to create a user interface for your reports? Where the end user can choose date ranges or other criteria when running a "canned" report?
Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 5
Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 6:19am
Not having done any real programing myself, what would be the best/easiest way for a novice to get started making simple a interface, name, date, billing#, Data coming from two maybe 3 tables or a single custom view.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 19 Nov 2007 at 10:38am
Hey, just because I happen to still have it in my clipboard, I'll mention this book.
A simple report in a simple interface is a piece of cake. Honest. But, it can snowball into some really complex stuff, with what sound like simple user requirements. So, don't be afraid to tell your users that you're branching into new territory here, and answer any new requests with "I'll see what I can do."
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum