Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Need help with formula field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
vanden70
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote vanden70 Replybullet Topic: Need help with formula field
     Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 5:20am
Hello,

I have a table that I am reporting on that goes something like this:

Job    Machine    Sequence     (Calculated Field)
                                           Primary Machine
1234   Machine 1      1            Machine 1
1234   Machine 2      2            Machine 1   
1234   Machine 5      3            Machine 1
1235   Machine 4      1            Machine 4
1235   Machine 7      2            Machine 4
1235   Machine 9      3            Machine 4

All I want to do is group all of the jobs based on the machine that is the first in the sequence(sequence is the order that the job moves from machine to machine). My only idea is to create a formula field to do this.

I feel like this should be something simple. I am very new to Crystal so any help would be appreciated. Also please let me know if any further information is needed.

Thank you

Edited by vanden70 - 30 Aug 2012 at 5:20am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 6:05am
You cannot group on a derived (calculated) field from a grouping.
You would have to handle this in a command or other external process and you that as your source
IP IP Logged
comatt1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 19 May 2011
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 337
Quote comatt1 Replybullet Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 7:21am
you may be able to do this, but you would have to give me more info.

I am thinking if you grouped by Machine and then sequence (and hid the Machine Group, you could allow order by sequence


IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum