Joined: 30 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Topic: Dynamic Parameter/Parameters Dependency!! Posted: 30 Aug 2012 at 11:33pm
Hi all CR guru,
I have a challenge here and not sure if this is possible in CR.
Example: I have a table with a date and categories column,
1/1/2012 CAT 1
1/1/2012 CAT 2
2/1/2012 CAT 3
3/1/2012 CAT 4
1/1/2012 CAT 5
so my 1st parameter is a date selection and 2nd parameter is the category. If I select 1st parameter as 1/1/2012, I want to show CAT1,CAT 2 and CAT 5 only in 2nd parameter.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 3:57am
Yes, this is possible. You would create what is called a "Cascading Dynamic Prompt". In the prompt, set the List of Values to Dynamic. Click in the first box under Value and set it to your month field then click in the Parameter box in the same row to create the first parameter. Repeat in the second row for your Category field. This will make the category values dependent on the month value selected.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 31 Aug 2012 at 5:21am
You can run CR10 environment, but I'm not sure whether this feature will work. Also, Cascading Dynamic Prompts have been available since Crystal XI, which came before Crsytal 2008.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum