Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Page Break Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Askie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Askie Replybullet Topic: Page Break
     Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 1:01am
I have an Invoice report that comprises an Invoice Header and Invoice Details.
 
I am using double sided printing to save paper and costs on large invoices (some go into 1000's pages!)
 
I want the report to force the header to always print on a new odd page(1) and not on the back of the last invoice. e.g. Invoice1 should be thus:
  • Page1 - Header
  • Page2-9 Detail

Invoice2 should be thus:

  • Page10 - Header(the new page 1)
  • Page11-20 Detail and so on.

Can anyone help? I am relatively new to this

IP IP Logged
z9962
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 04 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 161
Quote z9962 Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 2:53am
have a look at this, I think its what you are trying to do
IP IP Logged
Askie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Askie Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 3:15am
Thanks for this, but alas non of it works for me. Page 12(even page still has Invoice header)
IP IP Logged
Askie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Askie Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 3:46am
Ok that seems to have worked by inserting the formula pageNumber Mod 2 = 1 in the Group footer and removing all reset page ticks from other sections. Additionally I have also placed this formula as condition in Surpress Section to save on spurious blank pages.
 
But now I have another problem:
Previously the report had an indicator Page N of M that I could use which gave the customer an indication of the pages and page number in the Invoice. Of course the count had to be reset so that each new invoice detail started at Page1.
 
Any ideas how I can achieve this?
 
Many thanks in advance
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:03am
You could reset page number after the Invoice group footer.  It sounds like you may have two footers - one that gives you your final "even page" if needed and one that's the actual group footer.  So, you would want to conditionally use New Page After for each of these two sections.
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Askie
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 22 Aug 2012
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote Askie Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:25am
I only have one Group footer at the Invoice level.
By reseting the page no. it undoes the earlier fix for odd/even pages which works, thanks


Edited by Askie - 22 Aug 2012 at 4:26am
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:41am
As of now I can't think of a way to get that back in.
you can mimic a page count resetting on group change but not the 'of m' part. I think that data would be indicated too late in the report creation process to pull back into earlier page printing.


Edited by DBlank - 22 Aug 2012 at 4:42am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum