Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Select Expert Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ktram
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote ktram Replybullet Topic: Select Expert
     Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 6:28am
I'm creating a sub report that I would like to limit to gifts with a particular attribute attached to them.  The attribute description field, which I would need to use as my select expert field, has dozens of values associated with it, and more may be added.  Is there a way to create a selection formula that will include all gift records that contain a description value, without having to choose each value one by one?

Something along the lines of "gift attribute description is not blank" ?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Keith
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 21 Aug 2012 at 7:28am
table.field <>""
IP IP Logged
ktram
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 16 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 6
Quote ktram Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:11am
I'm a little bit confused by this formula.  When I enter it into the select expert, it is not accepted as a valid formula.  Can you explain exactly how I should be using it in the report?

Thanks so much.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 22 Aug 2012 at 4:14am
it goes in the select expert
replace the table.field with your actual table name and field. It is then stating to select any row where the field is not an empty string (<>"")
so it will be something like:
{gifts.attribute}<>""


Edited by DBlank - 22 Aug 2012 at 4:33am
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum