Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Export Sub Report Data using .csv Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
thummel1
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 27 Apr 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 140
Quote thummel1 Replybullet Topic: Export Sub Report Data using .csv
     Posted: 17 Aug 2012 at 5:39am
Hi,
 
I am a Crystal 2008 user. I have reports with Sub-reports. I need to export these reports in .csv format; however, my sub-report data will not appear on .csv reports. My understanding is that the only way to get my sub-report data to appear in my main report would be to create a "pass-through" formula.
 
Is this correct, and if so, how do I do this? Are there any nice step-by-step instructions or tutorials (written, oral, or video) on this topic os "passing through" that anyone could send? I know nothing on this process. Or, is it simple enough to explain via a response? The data fields that I need to carry over to my main report are:
PAY_STEP   -  This is a text field, with alpha and numeric data
PAY_RATE   -  This is a numeric field
@fMaxStep -   This is a text field that displays a text message  "EE is elig.."
My temp fix is that I export to pdf, then convert this to Excel, but the users of these reports want this done in fewer steps.
Thanks!!
 
Update: I think I am figuring this out, slowly. I also need to know how to pass a Date field from a Sub Report to the Main Report for a different report. I think 've figured out strings, and numbers, now I need dates.


Edited by thummel1 - 17 Aug 2012 at 8:10am
"Press any key to continue. Where's the 'Any' Key?" ~Homer Simpson
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum