Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Print Field Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
carndt
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 08 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Quote carndt Replybullet Topic: Print Field
     Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 11:03am
I am trying to get a field on my report to print. I have added a Field that contains the path to another file that is associated with the report. When I print the report I want this field to print the other file. Is this possible?
I am a new user running Crystal Reports XI. Thank you in advance for any help!

IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 4:09am

I don't know whether this is possible in XI, but it does work in 2008 and 2011.  Your files must ALL be the same type of file!

 
1.  Put an OLE Object on your report.  I would do this in its own section so that it can grow as needed.  You'll have to select a "dummy" file to do this with.
 
2.  Right-click on the object and select "Format Graphic" (yes, this is not an image but that's what the menu says.)
 
3.  Go to the "Picture" tab and click on the Location formula button.  Put the field with the location of the file in this formula.
 
This should then automatically load the file based on the data.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum