Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: CR XI installation Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
ThirdMark
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 20 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Quote ThirdMark Replybullet Topic: CR XI installation
     Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 3:09am
Hi.

I'm not sure if this is outside the scope of these forums, but I'd like to take a stab anyway.

While installing Crystal Reports Server release XI, I change the installation path to another drive. However, without sufficient space on the C partition, I cannot proceed with the install despite more than sufficient space on the intended partition.

I'd like to know if this is a known issue, as I haven't found any precedent, or if anyone has a workaround for this.
IP IP Logged
hilfy
Admin Group
Admin Group
Avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Quote hilfy Replybullet Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 4:00am
Yes, this is a known issue - the install will use the C driver for "unpacking" its files, that's why you need space on C. One potential work-around would be to change the Temp Environment Variable to point to the other drive.  This might work, but I haven't tested it.
 
Also, you need to be aware that Crystal does a LOT of swapping to disk when it's processing reports.  The default place for the temp files this generates is on the C drive, so you'll need space there anyways.
 
-Dell
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum