Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Stop Count to reset on every page Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
XCom69
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Location: South Africa
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 7
Quote XCom69 Replybullet Topic: Stop Count to reset on every page
     Posted: 16 Aug 2012 at 1:56am
I have a crosstab in Crystal Reports XI with a display string that displays a count for each time the condition is met:

Basically I have a summary column amountspent that I need to compare to avblcredit, and count every order where amountspent (the summary) exceeds avblcredit for each group, customer. I then have to display the total amount of orders for that customer where available credit is exceeded.

After much struggle due to the fact that I cannot use calculated members in Crystal Xi. I created a second duplicate summary for item exditures and edited the display string of the second summary to compare itself to avbl credit then count:

global numbervar count;
if currentvalue > avblcredit
    then count := count + 1;
count;
The count then increments everywhere it finds the current value (sum of items) > available credit.

This works correctly if the crosstab prints fully on the page, however if the crosstab extends to the next page the count resets back to 0.

So basically as an example page 1 looks as follows:

customer 1
orders avblcredit amountspent count itema itemb itemc
ord1    4000        6000        1   2000 3000 1000
ord2    3734        5001        2   1000 2000 2001
ord3    4123        5000        3   4000 1000 0
ord4    2321        5000        4   5000 0     0
ord5    4000        5003        5   1200 3800 3
ord6    4000        6000        6   1000 2000 3000
page 2 with customer 1 group continued:

orders avblcredit amountspent count itema itemb itemc
ord7    4000        6000        1   2000 3000 1000
ord8    3734        5001        2   1000 2000 2001
ord9    4123        5000        3   4000 1000 0
ord10   2321        5000        4   5000 0     0
My question is how can I get my count from resetting on each new page?

Thanks
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum