Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Cross-Tab Work Day Sort Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
flipside82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote flipside82 Replybullet Topic: Cross-Tab Work Day Sort
     Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 5:52am
I am working on a cross-tab report to show work requests entered on a specific day in the week for the whole week. So, I want to show a report that has column headings of the days of the week starting on Sunday and the row headings showing the hours of the day. I have the report showing the times properly, but the formula I am using to get the Day of Week is showing them in a strange order. I am using the following formula to get the day of the week: WEEKDAYNAME(Weekday(cdate({CallLog.RecvdDate}))) The formula works, but when I put it into my cross-tab expert, the days of the week show: Friday, Monday, Saturday, Sunday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Any thoughts as to how I can get these dates sorted properly from Sunday to Saturday? Thanks.
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:33am
change your formula to only get the numeric value for the weekday
Weekday(cdate({CallLog.RecvdDate}))
 
use that in the crosstab header/grouping
select any of the displayed values in the crosstab header and right click on it
select format field
select common tab
click on the Distply string formula and enter
weekdayname(currentfieldvalue)
 
 
 


Edited by DBlank - 14 Aug 2012 at 6:34am
IP IP Logged
flipside82
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 14 Aug 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2
Quote flipside82 Replybullet Posted: 14 Aug 2012 at 6:46am
DBlank, you rock. Thanks for the quick response. Totally solved my issue. Thanks.
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum