Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Parameter field missing Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Beebt77
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Beebt77 Replybullet Topic: Parameter field missing
     Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:11am

Hello All,

I have a simple task that just seems to be stumping me, which is each time I run a report with a date range the parameter field does not appear in the report header, but if I change the parameter options to "discrete values it will appear with only the first dat entered for the date range.
 
Is there some trick I'm missing?Confused
 
Thanks
Bee
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:18am

use 2 formula fields to get the range values

minimum(?param)
Maximum(?Param)
IP IP Logged
Beebt77
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Beebt77 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:50am
Thanks, I tried this earlier, but when I created two formulas the parameters appeared, but the data is missing.  Should I do this in the formula area? or the parameter area?
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 7:55am
you can use one paramter set to allow a range.
Create 2 different formula fields to display.
//startdate
minimum({?param})
//enddate
maximum({?param})
 
drag the formula fields into the report header to dispaly the values entered into the single parameter field as a range
IP IP Logged
Beebt77
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 03 Aug 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 8
Quote Beebt77 Replybullet Posted: 06 Aug 2012 at 10:50am
Thanks, that worked out just great!Star
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum