Hello everyone.
I have inherited a crystal reports project for work and it seems nobody else knows how to use the program.
Anyway the program I was given works for the most part but I cannot get it to preview all of the data in my formula fields.
The program is used to view a cable design taken from a database which designs the cable.
When I click verify database, I am prompted to input a design (part number of the cable), designAlternitive (a code for where the cable is made) and a Layer Code ( tells you what part of the cable is selected conductor, jacket, etc). The Layer Code is just a number 10, 20 etc
The problem here is the Layer Code. I do not want to select a certain Layer Code because the equations I used to obtain certain values on my data sheet all have a specific Layer Codes associated with them. Each Database field has a LayerCode associated with it and these Database Fields have certain information. The Conductor Database will have Conductor dimensions, the Insulator Database will have material type etc.
For example:
I have an equation field which calculates the size of a conductor. All of the conductor information uses Layer Code = 10. When I verify the database and promped to choose a Layer Code to view the data, if I choose a Layer Code other than 10, the conductor fields will not be displayed and if I choose Layer Code 10, only the conductor fields will be displayed and nothing else.
So what I want to do is when I verify the database and the report runs, all of the Layer Codes are used for their specific function. Can I choose to use a specific layer code in the equation editor or can I choose various Layer Codes in the Layer Code Prompt? Or is there a simpler way of getting around this issue.
Thanks in advance
Patrick