Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Topic: Report Heading: Urgent Posted: 12 Nov 2007 at 9:51am
I am trying to use report filed which is based based on a parameter value as report header. I have use SQL query in command object to create a report. When I browse data on that filed I see one record. But when I drag and drop the field, I do not see any record. I dropped it in both header section and details section. But I do not see any data. What might be the problem here?
Also what is the maximum no of lines of SQL that i can have in command Object?
Joined: 19 Jun 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 432
Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 11:44am
I am not sure this is the solution but have you tried putting the field in a formula and then putting the formula on report?
I have not heard of a limit on SQL lines in a command object. Perhaps Brian or Dell have an answer. I have written some that probably have 15 -20 lines, because of sub selects, etc., without problems.
Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Posted: 13 Nov 2007 at 12:42pm
John, Thank you for your effort. I tried using the formula but I got blank field. The problem has been solved now. I did not have to do anything. The Problem was with the Join condition on my requirement. I consulted with my supervisor and she realized that she had provided me wrong fields for Join. But I do not understand why it was giving me one record when I right click the filed and browse data. When I dropped the filed, I got a blank filed.
One CR Developer told me that there is a limit on number of lines in Command Object. My command object is 27 lines. When I add some more lines to it, I get blank report. So I had to use another command object.
Joined: 14 Nov 2007
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 377
Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 11:19am
Originally posted by fusion
JOne CR Developer told me that there is a limit on number of lines in Command Object. My command object is 27 lines. When I add some more lines to it, I get blank report. So I had to use another command object.
Actually, I believe there is a limit on the number of characters in your command object. Something around 65K, IIRC. However, I don't believe that should return a blank report. It should return an error message.
Joined: 12 Nov 2007
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 93
Posted: 14 Nov 2007 at 1:28pm
I do not know why it was showing me a blank report. When I used second command object with similar join and same fields and tables it works fine. There should be something and I don't know what? Thanks for the effort.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum