Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Topic: Grouping Problems... Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:14am
Is there any way to assign values from a database to multiple groups in a single report?
For example:
IF
{lockedLoanTable.SOURCE} = "WHOLESALE"
Then "WHOLESALE"
else if
{lockedLoanTable.SOURCE} IN["RETAIL","CASHOUT"]
Then "RETAIL"
else if {lockedLoanTable.SOURCE} IN["RETAIL","CASHOUT","WHOLESALE"]
Then "TOTAL"
This was my poor attempt to try and create a "TOTAL" group that would report to the same level as my individual groups from the same field.
Basically, I'm trying to get the report to look like the following:
TOTAL Fallout (Includes all Wholesale and Retail loans) FNMA15
FNMA30
...
...
...
WHOLESALE Fallout FNMA15
FNMA30
...
...
...
RETAIL Fallout FNMA15
FNMA30
...
...
...
Any help would be appreciated. Let me know if you have any questions.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 8:31am
The easy way I can think of to do this is to create a subreport for your total data and keep the main report for your grouped data.
I can think of another way using a command (SQL Select query) that includes a UNION, but whether you'll want to go that route depends on how good your SQl skills are.
Joined: 13 Jan 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9
Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 9:43am
Yeah... I was trying to avoid sub-reports.
When I use sub-reports, I run into a problem with the "new page after" formula. My report has to report in the above format for TOTAL, PURCHASE, and REFINANCE. So page 1 will use the entire database, and report a total, wholesale, and retail breakdown. Page 2 will have to be the PURCHASE loans of that document only, reporting a total, wholesale, and retail as well. Page 3 will be REFINANCE in the same format.
A problem arises when I use "New page after" to separate every 3 sections in congruence with the "Suppress blank section" formula. New page after always seems to take precedence in this situation.
For example, if the client uploads a file without any PURCHASE loans, the sections will be suppressed, but the fact that the PREVIOUS section (TOTAL page) has a "New page after" formula, a blank page gets printed.
I haven't been using Crystal Reports for too long, so I figure I'm missing something...
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum