I have a customer table and a salesrep table and I am trying to create a report that shows the count of new accounts, base on the date created, per sales rep. grouped by monthly columns and display the current year and the previous year's summary totals rows on top of each other for each sales rep. as follows:
Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun July Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Tot
Rep1 (2011) 1 0 3 2 5 0 6 4 2 1 1 0 25
(2012) 0 2 1 0 0 1 1 2 3 5 1 2
.
.
RepN (2011) 1 0 3 2 5 0 6 4 2 1 1 0 xx
(2012) 0 2 1 0 0 1 1 2 3 5 1 2
Total x x x x xx
I have tried different ways but can't get the rows for the years to show the current and prior years rows either lined up properly or count correctly.
As a work arount I created two crosstabs, adjusted the size, position and alignments and superimposed them but it worked for the first page only and on subsequent pages they were messed up.
I also tried creating Commands (one for each year) in the Database Expert but could not get it to work either.
If the report designer cannot handle this then the solution could be in the
data source preparation.
Any ideas or suggestions would be grealty appreciated