Report Design
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Report Design
Message Icon Topic: Summary on page header Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
Piinutti
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Piinutti Replybullet Topic: Summary on page header
     Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 10:15pm
Hello.

I have a report which shows orders in different months.
For example
August  TOTAL SUM OF AUGUST This info is on group header.
PO1 Customer name and total sum. These are in group footer.
PO2 Customer name and total sum.

September TOTAL SUM OF SEPTEMBER
PO1 Customer name and total sum
PO2 Customer name and total sum

Now I would like to add the total sums of the month into page header so I can make a summary in first page of the report. If I add the @month formula into page header it only prints the August not September.

How I can print the summaries of all of the months into page header? Or I can use report header if it is easier..? But now I need the month and the total sum of it in the first page of my report.


IP IP Logged
Robotacha
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Quote Robotacha Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:03pm

Do you have a YEAR formula / parameter / select expert?

If so, and you are filtering 1 year only (ie; 2012) I would have GROUP1 as YEAR, and GROUP2 as MONTH.
 
then write individual formulas along the lines of:
 
@JANUARYSALES
IF {@month} = "JANUARY" THEN {TABLE.QTY}
 
@FEBRUARYSALES
IF {@month} = "February" THEN {TABLE.QTY}
 
etc
 
 
and summarized these formulas by the YEAR group.
 
Then simply place these summarys in the GROUP1 header, and stretch the section so it covers 1 page only.
 
 
it would then hopefully give you like;
 
 
page 1
GH1 - YEAR 2012
 
January = 1234
 
February = 234
 
March = 54232
etc..
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
page 2
 
GH2 - January   1234
customer
customer
customer
 
etc
 
 
Of course, this is only how I would do it. There is more than likely simpler solutions than people may be able to provide, ie; shared variables etc....
 
 
hope this helps.
 
Regards,

Michael Jones
IP IP Logged
Piinutti
Newbie
Newbie


Joined: 12 Mar 2012
Location: Finland
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 17
Quote Piinutti Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 11:43pm
Thanks for the quick response.

I have grouped my report by months and purchase order numbers. I dont need the whole year into this report because this is reviewed monthly.

I am now applying your tip into my report. It helped me a lot but if the monthly sum is not in the first page, it won't print into the summary. For example if my August sales are in page 3, it wont come in to the summary on first page..
IP IP Logged
Robotacha
Groupie
Groupie
Avatar

Joined: 11 Nov 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 97
Quote Robotacha Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 12:12am
You can put summaries in the report header.
 
so, if you are ok using the report header for your summary, then simply write the monthly formulas as I described, SUMMARIZE it by customer/month or whatever you sum by, then drop that newly created summary into the report header.

so you would have a TEXTBOX in the report header, saying
JANUARY = {sum of @january}
FEBRUARY = {sum of @february}


Regards,

Michael Jones
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 02 Aug 2012 at 3:36am
also crosstabs can work nicely for grouped summarizations in headers
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum