Topic: Subtract (sum fields) which are on report footer Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 1:35am
Hi,
I have one group on my report which has two fields Gross and Net.On details I have their details and on the group footer I have their summary as sum of both gross and net and on the report footer again sum summary of gross and net.
Eg:
Details :
Name Gross Net
ABC 100 200
XYZ 200 300
----------------
Group Footer:
300 500
----------------
Name Gross Net
DEF 200 300
----------------
Group Footer :
200 300
-----------------
Report Footer :
500 800
What I want to achieve is subtract report footer field
Eg: 500-800 = -300.
How can I achieve this? I tried this formula
sum({field1}) - sum(filed2) but it says result should be boolean then I did this
sum({field1}) - sum(filed2) > 0. No errors but also no data.
Please help .
Thank you
Hi,
Thanks for the response but I have used the formula editor window to create formula not the select expert and moreover please tell me the formula to get the subtracted data.Is my formula correct or do I need to make any changes?
Thank you
okay It worked. I was using expert all the time after creating new formula, though I am not an expert. I used editor and it worked. Thank you so much.I have 2-3 queries as well, so shall I create a new thread or ask in this one?
I have one formula which shows the percentage according to gross we just calculated above. I used this formula to show percentage of gross.
shared numbervar rtTotal;
local numbervar thisTotal;
thisTotal :={dt_VU_GETMSG_SERVICE.TOTALAMOUNT_} % Sum ({dt_VU_GETMSG_SERVICE.TOTALAMOUNT_}, {dt_VU_GETMSG_SERVICE.FSERVICE_NETWORK});
rtTotal :=rtTotal+thisTotal;
and created a new formula for displaying the summary like this
shared numbervar rtTotal;
rtTotal;
but on my report it keep adding the record in the next field.
For Eg:
Details:
Name Percentage
ABC 20%
XYZ 29% ---> Original Value 9%
DFG 31% ---> Original Value 2%
At the end on group footer it shows 31%(last value).
I want to sum all the percentage field on details and show them on group footer.How can I achieve this?
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum