Technical Questions
 Crystal Reports Forum : Crystal Reports 9 through 2022 : Technical Questions
Message Icon Topic: Working out a >= Formula Post Reply Post New Topic
Author Message
keelan_768
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote keelan_768 Replybullet Topic: Working out a >= Formula
     Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:30am

Hello all,


I am pretty new to Crystal and have thus far managed to research and dev my way to a certain level, but now I ready to ask for some help.

 

I am doing a report and I am trying to work out on a report to work out if something is >= 5k on some financials.

 

I have added the data together to reach my sum and now I need to look at those figures and get crystal to work out if any of the figures in the sum are >= 5k (£5000) then I need to summary on them, thus giving me a count of all financials >= 5k (£5000)

 

Any help on this would be great..

 

Thank you

 

keelan_768
IP IP Logged
rkrowland
Senior Member
Senior Member
Avatar

Joined: 20 Dec 2011
Location: England
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 259
Quote rkrowland Replybullet Posted: 30 Jul 2012 at 5:48am
You could do something like this;
 
if {table.field} >= 5000 then 1 else 0
 
And then just insert a Sum summary on this field like you would any other.
 
You could also use running totals for this but DBlank is the man to explain those to you as I'm not really a fan of them.
 
Regards,
Ryan.
IP IP Logged
keelan_768
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote keelan_768 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:10am

hi rkrowland,

 

I tried that and it didn't get me a solution

 

The data I have is on a spreadsheet, and I need to get crystal to look at the data and if any of the totals added up on the sheet going horizontal are >= 5000 then this needs to be flagged so I can then do the summary on them…see below the table has some data that when added up gives me a figure greater the 5k, this would then need to be added as a true.

 

I hope this makes sense and someone can help, I have been stuck on this for 2 days now..
 
thanks 

 

681.9

18000

4455.34

1500

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

0

1761

0

1328.28

0

3344.98

9177.05

0

0

0

0

keelan_768
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 5:42am
have you been able to get your data set into crystal?
if so what does it look like at a row level set?
IP IP Logged
keelan_768
Newbie
Newbie
Avatar

Joined: 30 Jul 2012
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 4
Quote keelan_768 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jul 2012 at 11:18pm

Hi DBlank,

 

Thanks for you response, I am not sure what you mean, but I have done a Formula field that look like this (if {@Total of all red boxes} >= 5000 then 1 else 0)

 

 The total of all red boxes sum is all the data in the spreadsheet added up ({Sheet1_.M - AD Paid + F&T Paid Value} + {Sheet1_.M - TPPD Paid + TPPI Paid Value} + {Sheet1_.M - AD-Reserve + F&T-Reserve Value}) so I was hoping the report could look at any returned values and see the ones >= 5k and then flag it as a 1, then do the summary.

 

Is this the correct way?

 

Thanks


Keelan_768

 

keelan_768
IP IP Logged
DBlank
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Quote DBlank Replybullet Posted: 01 Aug 2012 at 3:26am

stil not sure I am "seeing" your data set clearly but try this.

right click ion Running Total
select new
name=sum5000 (or whatever)
field to sumamrize = @total of all red boxes
type=sum
evaluate=use a formula
    {@Total of all red boxes} >= 5000
reset=never
place in report footer
IP IP Logged
Printable version Printable version

Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot create polls in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum