Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Topic: FormulaFields VS2003/VS2005 Posted: 19 Aug 2007 at 3:09pm
Hi
I had a project that worked fine in VS2003 for 2 years. However when I migrated it to VS 2005 it gave an error/stopped working It uses the technique described on pages 317/318.
I had a line companyname = Chr(34) & licenced.licenceduser & Chr(34)
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 20 Aug 2007 at 11:26pm
I don't see why 34 would give an error but not 39. Is there any chance that your data has an apostrophe in it and this messes up the formula assignment?
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 2458
Posted: 21 Aug 2007 at 2:56pm
I wonder if the upgrade wizard corrupted it? What about creating a new and simplistic report striclty in VS 2005 and use the filter there?
Oh yeah - go into your report and set the record selection formula manually and see if it gives you the error or not. I always do that first whenever I run into problems with assigning it in .NET. You gotta get the formula working in CR before using the object model, and CR might give you a better error message when doing it this way.
Please support the forum! Tell others by linking to it on your blog or website:<a href="http://www.crystalreportsbook.com/forum/">Crystal Reports Forum</a>
Joined: 01 Jun 2007
Location: United Kingdom
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 10
Posted: 11 Nov 2007 at 12:01pm
Cracked it! Took your advice and tried a simple report it worked.
I then looked closely at the reports that did not work. Guess what? They had been set to Basic Syntax by mistake. Put them back to Crystal syntax and they worked.
What I don't understand is why they ever worked in VS 2003.
As they worked in VS 2003 and not work in VS 2005 I assumed it was a VS 2003 -> VS 2005 issue.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum