Joined: 25 Jul 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1
Topic: now with win 7 connecting Posted: 25 Jul 2012 at 8:06am
I had CR X and XP Pro and when I opened the report and hit the F5 key to run and refresh it ran and connected.
Now I have upgraded to Win 7, but still using CR X, when I hit the F5 key it makes my everytime make a database connection or define the database location. Is there not a way to do this now that I have Win 7?
Joined: 13 Aug 2012
Location: India
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 16
Posted: 15 Aug 2012 at 7:52am
Hi,
What is the version of operating system you are using? like is it 32 bit or 64 bit?
if you are using 64 bit operating system then you need to created 32 bit ODBC connection with same name of the connection which it was used earlier in the report.
Joined: 03 Sep 2012
Location: United States
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3
Posted: 03 Sep 2012 at 10:09am
That is correct, if you are using Win7 64 bit, use odbcad32.exe to create your odbc connection. CR will not display the connections made with the 64 bit odbc manager found in Control Panel\admininstrative tools\Data Sources (ODBC)
Just Click Win7 Start Icon and type: odbcad32.exe in the search field.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum