Topic: Printing Big Reports Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 4:27pm
I created a report which extends in width and now to its current size 22 inches in width portrait is landscape i m facing issues in printing that report because we only have a4 and legal size papers available to us. report contains around 16 columns and all of that are amounts looking for ways to print that report on a4 and legal size paper any suggestions
Joined: 29 Oct 2009
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 1587
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:03am
I have only found two ways around this issue. Print in a smaller font (may need a magnifying glass) or find a printer that can use wider paper (they call them plotters). Many times I have told our customers that we have an issue and we either need to take out columns (two different reports?) or we will have to shrink the font.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 7:05am
Which version of Crystal are you using?
You should be able to go to Page Setup in your report and tell it to "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size". Users would then select a page size when they print and Crystal should automatically either size the report down to fit the page or print the width on multiple pages (I'm not sure which, but I think it sizes things down.)
We design crystal reports in CRIX but we load these in VS2008 as cr basic. I dont find any option like "Dissociate Formatting Page Size and Printer Paper Size" in Page setup.
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 3702
Posted: 23 Jul 2012 at 5:00am
I know those are available in CR 2008 and 2011, and I thought they were available in XI, but it looks like they aren't. I'm not sure what to tell you to do with it at this point.
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum