Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Topic: null values to zero in formula Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 7:11am
I need to use a formula in my report (order subtotal * order discount percentage), but when "order discount percentage" is null, those records disappear from my report. How can I write the formula so that the null values are regarded as zeros? Thank you for your help!
Joined: 19 Aug 2010
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 24
Posted: 09 Jul 2012 at 11:27am
Thanks, but it's still hiding the records that have a null value for the order discount percentage. If I run the report without the formula, the records all show up, but once I add it to the report, those records disappear. Otherwise the totals are showing up correctly.
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Online Status: Offline
Posts: 9053
Posted: 10 Jul 2012 at 8:58am
depends...
if it is a simple thing then you can go into the database expert and change your join from inner to an outer (left or right depends on which way your tables are joined).
That being said, an outer join can be flipped back to an inner join if the select expert does not account for it correctly (and soemtimes cannot).
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot create polls in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum